The windows are commonly neglected when it comes to cleaning because most people are unaware or unsure about how often to clean them. If you are among them, then here is a complete guide answering why window cleaning is important, how regularly you should clean them, what supplies to get and how to effectively and efficiently sanitise these fixtures. Have a look!
Why is Keeping Windows Clean Necessary?
Cleaning windows is essential for maintaining the overall appearance of your residence. In addition to this, there are several other reasons why you should perform this activity listed as follows.
- Increases the longevity of the fixtures.
- Improves the curb appeal if you are considering selling the house or apartment.
- Prevents the fixtures in your rented property from becoming heavily soiled and dirty, making it less hard & time-consuming for your hired end of lease cleaners in Perth to clean them.
- Decrease chances of glass degradation which happens when windows are not washed regularly. The contamination of the glass through pollutants can be a problem, especially for tenants because they may have to spend more on vacate cleaning in Perth or even pay for glass replacement.
- Lastly, clean windows allow more natural light inside the residence, lowering the consumption of electricity in the day for illumination.
How Often Should You Clean Windows?
Usually, windows should be cleaned as often as twice a year, but, each house is different and to know how often you need to clean the windows in your home is to understand their location.
For instance, windows facing the streets and entryway will become dirtier faster than the ones inside the property or the ones facing the backyard. Thus, you may have to clean them more frequently than twice a year. Therefore, it is best to analyse the property and create a cleaning checklist for the windows to know when to sanitise which ones.
What Cleaning Supplies to Get?
Cleaning and sanitising windows become a lot less daunting and challenging when you have the right cleaning products and tools on hand. Here are some cleaning supplies to get (if you don’t have them already).
- An all-purpose cleaner (mild) store-bought or natural like white vinegar, baking soda, and Castile soap
- Microfiber cleaning products like cloths, dusters, and gloves
- Paper towels and cleaning wipes
- Sponges and soft-bristled brushes
- Vacuum cleaner
- Rubber squeegee with a telescopic rod
How to Clean Windows?
After getting the supplies required for cleaning windows in your home, follow the steps mentioned below to sanitise them effectively and efficiently.
- Start by dusting the windows from top to bottom to remove accumulated dust, dirt, moisture, or any other contaminants.
- Vacuum the window tracks and frames using the crevice tool
- Spot clean and wipe the glass using cleaning wipes and paper towels if the windows are reasonably clean
- For heavily-soiled windows, mix adequate amount of the store-bought cleaner in water in a container or a spray bottle to wash the fixtures using sponges or brushes.
- In case you are using natural cleaners, then first spot clean by spraying white vinegar diluted with water or a paste of baking soda. Next, remove the products and wash windows with a solution of liquid castile soap and water.
- Rinse the windows properly to get rid of any residues. To ensure the windows are free of moisture or streaks, use microfiber cloths/gloves and the rubber squeegee.
When to Hire Professionals?
Cleaning windows is manageable and an easy to perform activity when the fixtures are not heavily soiled. However, there are times mentioned as follows when taking the assistance of professional cleaners becomes necessary.
- The house or property was renovated or refurbished
- Mould or Mildew have developed on the panes, hinges, tracks, or frames
- You are at the end of tenancy and need the assistance of professional vacate cleaners in Perth
- You are moving into a new house or apartment
- You need to spruce the house for selling or lending and lack the time or energy to clean the windows and other parts of the property.
The Bottom Line
Keeping the windows in your house or apartment clean is essential for a variety of reasons, as stated above. You can clean and sanitise them as often as required following the information provided in this guide.
If you lack the time, energy, or motivation, you can hire professional cleaners in Perth to manage the cleaning of windows. Whether you clean them yourself or with the assistance of professionals, having clear and neat windows is advantageous.