The majority of tenants find it difficult and confusing to clean a rental property perfectly because they are occupied with other moving-related tasks.
That is why you should consider hiring professionals who offer the best vacate cleaning in Perth. They use advanced tools and methods to clean every corner of the property. Thus, when you move out of the property, you clear the final inspection and get back the bond money without any problems.
However, if you want to save money by cleaning the property on your own, you need to follow a checklist. That is how you can make sure that you do not skip any important spots in the property.
Read on to know more about the ultimate end of tenancy cleaning checklist for tenants.
If you have a lawn or a backyard, then make sure that it looks perfectly clean. Always remember that it is the first thing that your landlord will see during the final inspection. To clean the exterior in an appropriate manner, clean the following spots.
- Eliminate the dirt and dust from the patio
- Wipe the outdoor furniture and clean the BBQ
- Remove cobwebs and wipe the light fittings
- Mow the lawn appropriately
- Get rid of the pet droppings from patio and lawn area
- Clean compost bins and the dustbins
- Sweep the driveway of the property
- Remove dust and dirt from the exterior walls
Your cooking area accumulates numerous things, including dust, grease, the build-up, food particles, spills, etc., that can be very difficult to remove. That is why the kitchen consumes maximum time during the cleaning. Landlords examine this area carefully, so make sure you focus on the following spots.
- Clean the spills and dirt from the countertop and stovetop
- Clean the kitchen appliances - dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
- Get rid of dirt and grease from oven
- Remove grease from the range hood
- Remove the dirt from the kitchen sink and faucets, tiles.
- Wipe the shelves of the pantry
- Clean the inside of the cupboards, drawers and shelves
- Remove dirt from the garbage disposal
If your kitchen is the most difficult room to clean in the property, the bathroom is not far behind. Tenants generally neglect the cleaning of this room until the end of tenancy and then find it difficult.
So, try to keep the area as much clean as possible, or hire professionals that offer reliable to vacate cleaning in Perth. They know the best way to clean a bathtub & shower. If you are doing it on your own, focus on these areas.
- Scrub and wash the tiles as well as grout perfectly
- Get rid of the dirt layer and stains inside the toilet bowl
- Scrub the sink, faucets and bathtubs properly
- Clean hard water stains and soap scum from the shower glass
- Eliminate the limescale from the showerhead
- Disinfect the toilet, sink faucets, flush lever and other similar spots
- Clean the medicine cabinet
- Give the bathroom mirrors a streak-free finish
- Clean the dirt and dust from the exhaust fan
- Eliminate the gunk inside the bathroom drain
You can use a common checklist for the living room, bedroom and dining room as the surfaces and layouts of these rooms are almost similar. These areas might not be as dirty as the cooking area or bathroom, but still, you need to ensure they are perfectly clean. Do not forget to include the following spots in your checklist when cleaning these rooms.
- Wipe the cupboards, drawers and shelves from inside and outside
- Clean the tracks and frame, wardrobe
- Clean your mirror in a streak-free manner
- Get rid of dust and dirt from the top of the door and door frame
- Remove scuff marks, fingerprints and crayon colours from walls
- Clean the skirting board properly
- Vacuum upholstery and carpets, and make sure there are no stains
- Clean the blades of the ceiling fans
Apart from the specific areas mentioned above, there are some spots that are common in all the rooms, and tenants often forget to clean them. When you are dusting and scrubbing the property for the final inspection, make sure you clean the following spots of all the rooms.
- Remove dust from the ceiling corners
- Clean the light fitting of all the rooms perfectly
- Remove dust from the window glass, frame, blinds, sills and screen
- Clean the filters and air ducts
- Sweep or vacuum the hard floor
- Remove the stains by mopping the floor
- Disinfect the frequently touched spots
The Bottom Line
Cleaning the rental property on your own can be a time-consuming and frustrating task, particularly if you are doing it for the first time. To make the task easier, follow the checklist mentioned above.
If you want to increase the chance of getting back your bond money, then hire certified vacate cleaners in Perth. They will give you the best possible result and save you from unnecessary stress and hassles.