The Importance Of Regularly Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Since refrigerators are common household appliances frequently used for storing a range of foods, they can get extremely dirty. However, continually utilising a filthy, mouldy, and gunky refrigerator is bad for your health and the appliance.
The accumulation of food bits and build-up in the refrigerator affects not only the quality and shelf life of the device but also the food stored inside. Additionally, cleaning the refrigerator is required if you are still a tenant at the end of the lease in order to receive your entire security deposit.
One of the best ways to ensure your refrigerator is fully cleaned and you can get your security deposit back in full is to acquire the help of expert vacate cleaning Perth. In addition to enlisting professional assistance, here is a guide explaining the value of routinely cleaning your refrigerator and how to do it, like refrigerator cleaning experts in Perth.
A Dirty Refrigerator Compromises the Health of Your Family
In damp, humid settings, bacteria, fungi, and other disease-causing organisms reproduce quickly. Therefore, spills, boil-overs, splatters, and other food stains in refrigerators serve as a breeding ground for a variety of infections. Food scraps can draw a variety of pests, including rodents, ants, spiders, and more.
A filthy refrigerator can be blame for your family members’ frequent illnesses and possible stomach infections. Therefore, it is crucial to frequently clean and disinfect this appliance to eradicate any viruses, germs, or fungi that may be forming inside.
Impact on Food and Its Flavour
In addition to being unsafe for use owing to hygienic concerns, a dirty refrigerator also affects the flavour and aroma of the food that has been stored there. The food carbons release fumes that have a substantial impact on the products’ quality and flavour.
Everything stored in the refrigerator develops an unpleasant flavour, including dishes and baked goods, and is pervaded by the smell of grease and mouldy food. Therefore, it is essential to get rid of mould, grease stains and other messes in the appliance.
Things You Will Need To Keep Fridge Sanitary
Although a host of refrigerator cleaners are readily available in the market, it is best to avoid using them. Commercial refrigerator cleaners contain volatile organic compounds, sodium hydroxide and butoxydiglycol, which are extremely corrosive. These products shouldn’t be used with proper precautions as they can affect your eyes, skin, respiratory system, etc.
Instead of commercial refrigerator cleaners, use organic and non-toxic products like vacate cleaning professionals in Perth. Listed below are things you will need to sanitise your refrigerator without harsh chemicals.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Dishwashing liquid
- Sponges, scouring pads, and brushes
- Microfiber cloths and paper towels
- Spray bottles
Measures To Take Before Cleaning the Refrigerator
Since the refrigerator is an electronic device, you must exercise caution while cleaning it during regular house cleaning. Once you have decluttered, move to clean your refrigerator, but before you do that, take the following safety precautions, especially while performing bond cleaning in Perth.
- Empty the appliance completely, then defrost it.
- Turn off the power supply and take out the plug.
- Additionally, remove water from the bin at the bottom of the appliance and dump it in the sink or a drain.
- Also, get personal protective equipment like gloves, rubber shoes, masks and overall to clean and sanitise the fridge without stress or hassle.
- Invest in green cleaners like white vinegar, baking soda etc. Clean for the planet to avoid air, water and land pollution.
Easy Maintenance of Your Appliance
Keeping a clean, stain-free and organised refrigerator regularly will keep your appliance in top-notch condition for years. You should adopt simple cleaning habits, such as wiping spills immediately, organising food items and discarding expired food to help you easily maintain the cleaning standard of your fridge.
Regularly inspect and clean the interior and exterior surfaces, including drawers, shelves and door seals, to prevent the buildup of bacteria and dirt. This will also save you a lot of time and energy while ensuring food safety and efficient cooling of your appliance.
So, follow these easy maintenance practices and keep your refrigerator running effectively.
How To Clean Your Refrigerator?
Most refrigerators have a stainless-steel body, plastic interior and glass shelves. To clean all these areas well, here are the right steps you must take to sanitise the appliance like a professional when it is an end of lease cleaning requirement.
- Take out all removable parts like shelves, containers, boxes and trays.
- Wash them thoroughly with dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Dry them with a terry towel and keep them aside for air drying and aerating.
- Next, make a solution of water, white vinegar and dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle.
- Apply this solution generously on the exterior and interior areas of the appliance and wait 5 minutes.
- Wipe everything away with a damp microfiber cloth and then a dry microfiber towel.
- If there is stubborn grime, common household stains, mould or spills, remove them with baking soda mixed with dishwashing liquid.
- Vacuum the back of the refrigerator, focusing on the coils and wires to remove cobwebs, dirt and dust effectively and efficiently.
- Don’t forget to wipe the top of the refrigerator and the wheels.
Keeping your refrigerator sanitary and decluttered all year round is necessary to have a healthy home. A dirty fridge is home to millions of illness-causing pathogens and mould.
Therefore, understand the importance of keeping your refrigerator regularly clean and use this guide to know what cleaning supplies to get, what precautions to take and how to clean the appliance like a pro.