The Danger Of Dirty Ovens: Cleaning Matters!
Dirty ovens are not rare as they are everyday life appliances, used extensively in households for cooking and baking a variety of things. However, using a greasy, grimy, and gunky oven repeatedly is neither good for your health nor suitable for the machine.
The build-up and food carbons in the oven not only affect the food cooked inside but also the functionality and shelf life of the appliance. What’s more, if you are a tenant at the end of the lease, then cleaning the oven is necessary for getting your rental bond back.
Taking the assistance of professional vacate cleaners in Perth is one of the best ways to ensure your oven is cleaned thoroughly to get your security deposit back. Besides seeking the help of experts, here is a guide for you outlining why dirty ovens shouldn’t be used and how to sanitise them like oven cleaning experts in Perth.
Having a Dirty Oven Compromises the Health of the Household Members
Bacteria, fungi, and other illness-causing microbes breed rapidly in environments with moisture and humidity. Ovens have spillage, boilovers, splatters, and other types of food stains that become breeding grounds of a host of pathogens. The leftover residue of food can also attract pests like ants, spiders, rodents and much more.
A dirty oven can be the reason why your household members fall sick repeatedly and may suffer from a severe stomach infection. Therefore, it is essential to clean this appliance regularly and disinfect it to kill any germs, virus, bacteria, or fungi growing inside.
Impact on Food and Its Flavour
A dirty oven is not only unfit for use due to hygiene issues, but it also alters the taste and smell of the food cooked in it. The food carbons emit fumes that affect the quality and taste of the things significantly. The taste of dishes and baked goods becomes terrible, and the odour of burnt food carbons and grease permeates everything cooked in the oven.
What Cleaning Supplies You Will Need?
Although a host of oven cleaners are readily available in the market, it is best to avoid using them. Commercial oven cleaners contain sodium hydroxide and butoxydiglycol that are extremely corrosive.
These products shouldn’t be used without proper precautions as they can affect your eyes, skin, respiratory system, etc. Instead of commercial oven cleaners, use organic and non-toxic products like vacate cleaning professionals in Perth. Listed below are things you will need to sanitise your oven without harsh chemicals.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Dishwashing liquid
- Sponges, scouring pads, and brushes
- Microfiber cloths and paper towels
- Spray bottles
How to Clean Your Dirty Oven Effectively and Efficiently?
Cleaning your oven regularly is necessary to prevent the build-up of grime and grease along with the formation of food carbons. The more frequently you clean the oven, the easier it will be to sanitise and maintain.
Additionally, the functionality of the appliance will improve significantly as the grease and oil affect its performance. Want to know how to clean your oven without using dangerous chemicals? Here is how professionals offering oven cleaning service in Perth do it.
- Please take out the removable parts of the oven like grills, lining tray etc. and wash them using dishwashing liquid and warm water. Leave these items to air dry in the sun while you clean the oven.
- With a dry microfiber cloth or a paper towel wipe the interior and exterior of the oven to get rid of the easily removable grime, gunk, and debris.
- Make a runny paste of baking soda and water to apply on the entire surface of the oven. Let the paste dry for at least 3-4 hours.
- After the paste has dried, remove it using a scrapper or wet microfiber cloth.
- In a spray bottle, mix warm water and white vinegar in equal measures. Add to this mix two teaspoons of dishwashing liquid. Spray the solution inside and outside the oven then scrub with a sponge to clean. You can use a brush or scouring pad for hard to remove carbons and build-up. After the cleaning is complete, wipe the oven with a wet then dry microfiber cloth. Make sure no traces of the cleaning solution or grime remain in the oven. Let the appliance air dry for a few hours before replacing the parts you had removed and washed.
Using the steps mentioned above, you can frequently sanitise your oven like the vacate cleaning experts in Perth who perform oven cleaning. This method of cleaning is natural and organic, making it non-harmful not only for the environment but also for you and your family.
Keeping the oven clean is of utmost importance for food safety, maintaining hygiene, and preventing fire hazards. Additionally, it is essential for tenants to get their bond back in full. Through this guide, you can learn how to clean like vacate cleaning professionals in Perth and why it is important to sanitise this appliance often.