From scrubbing off stains to vacuuming carpets, cleaning hard surfaces to disinfecting high-touch areas, make sure you involve in a thorough cleaning process for the smooth retrieval of bond money.
Of course, hiring professionals for attention-to-detail bond cleaning in Perth makes a huge difference, but you should always have a move out cleaning checklist. This will make your work easier when you don’t have enough time or budget to hire professionals.
You can have a look at the following end of lease cleaning checklist and prepare your rental property in Perth for inspection.
Let’s Get Started!
1. Gather Tools and Products for Cleaning
Get your cleaning supplies and products ready for a thorough end of lease cleaning. Make sure you have all the necessary tools that can make it super-easy for you to transform your dirty house into a clean and shiny property. Here are some of the required tools that you need to arrange before getting into the cleaning process:
- Microfiber cloths
- Paper Towels
- Scrubbers and brushes
- A vacuum cleaner with an attachment
- Broom & dustpan
- Step stool or ladder
Also, use green cleaning products or prepare natural cleaning agents at home for best results without the harmful environmental repercussions. You can prepare non-toxic cleaning solutions using:
- White Vinegar: It has antibacterial properties that work effectively on removing stains, grease and grime when mixed with lukewarm water.
- Baking Soda: It is a natural deodoriser that can be used to kill bad smells and remove stubborn stains from different surfaces.
- Lemon: It is a natural disinfectant. You can use it to disinfect and kill bacteria lurking on chopping board and other surfaces.
- Essential Oils: They are 100 % natural and can be added in the all-purpose cleaning agent to remove the pungent smell.
2. A Living Area & Bedrooms Cleaning Checklist
Professionally-trained bond cleaners in Perth recommend cleaning a rental property according to the REIWA-approved checklist. You can start the process from the top of your rooms for quick results:
- Take all screws out of your ceiling, walls and putty.
- Dust the ceiling fan (blades) and other fixtures thoroughly.
- Clean air vents/ducts.
- Get rid of dirt particles, insect marks, cobwebs.
- Spot clean walls to remove tough stains.
- Wipe off power points, light switches, baseboards, fixtures and fittings, skirting boards, and architraves.
- Spruce up drawers, cupboards, cabinets and wardrobe (top, inside and out)
- Window cleaning both sides
- Window tracks, sills, glasses, blinds, curtains, cords and rail.
- Wipe off the door knobs and door
- Vacuum clean sliding door tracks
- Remove dust and stains from all carpets and hard floor surfaces
- Mop the floors.
3. Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
A kitchen is undoubtedly one of the dirtiest places that need special attention when it comes to pass the property inspection by your landlord.
- Remove dust and grime from an exhaust fan.
- Wipe of all cabinets, cupboards and liners inside and out.
- Spot clean walls, windows and doors
- Clean and sanitise kitchen countertops, stovetop, rangehood, etc.
- Clean out and disinfect sink and faucets
- Get rid of grease, grime and stains from kitchen appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, oven a, BBQ, and dishwasher inside and out.
- Remove bad odours from your kitchen
- Clean and mop floors.
4. Bathroom & Laundry Room Cleaning Checklist
Clean your bathroom and laundry room accordingly:
- Get rid of common stains, soap scum, mould and mildew from the bathroom walls, tiles, shower head and doors.
- Bleach the grout to remove mould and soap residue.
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom drawers inside and out
- Unclog the drain hole by removing hair and other debris.
- Deep clean and sanitise the toilet seat, sink, washbasin, faucets, tower trails and other hard surfaces.
- Clean and polish the mirror.
- Mop the floor.
5. Garage and Outside Areas
- Make sure you clean your garage and outdoor area before moving out of your rental premises.
- Remove all the items and sweep the floor of your garage.
- Mow the grass and pull the weeds.
- Get rid of your stuff that might be stuck in the ground.
- Clean the stairs and driveway.
Follow this move-out cleaning checklist to secure your deposited money. This will organise your entire cleaning process and save a lot of time. If you want professional assistance, then search for the company who can offer you the best bond cleaning in Perth at the most reasonable price.