However, with the decorations, visiting of guests, trick-or-treating and parties, your home can become cluttered and messy making cleaning difficult. Therefore, it is essential to become proactive and decorate your abode using minimalist Halloween décor, which is easy to install and remove. Using fewer decorations is particularly necessary for lessees who are at the end of their tenancy and have to move out soon.
Being thoughtful is required to prevent damage to the rented property and making it easier for your hired vacate cleaners in Perth to deep clean. Here is your complete guide to minimalist décor and expert cleaning tips for Halloween. Have a look!
How to Prepare Your Home for Halloween with Minimal Decorations?
‘The less you use, the less you have to take down’, keep this motto in mind while decorating your house for Halloween. This festival is not a public holiday in Perth, Western Australia, making it difficult for most people to find time to put up bulky decorations and clean afterwards.
Thus the best solution is to use fewer Halloween décor items and ones that are easy to manage. Here are some ideas on how to prepare your home for the festival with minimal decorations.
- Light black candles to keep the spooky aesthetic alive. You can poke them with bell pins or red-painted nails for added effects.
- Get LED lights with scary designs like skulls, ghosts, knives, bats etc. These lights are easy to install and can be used every year.
- Decorate your porch or patio with carved pumpkins, printed graffiti, Halloween toys, and other items to keep the insides mess-free.
- Cover furniture in the living room with old white sheets to give the room a haunted and empty look. This trick will also prevent your upholstery from getting dirty during a house party.
- Get Halloween decorations made from sustainable materials which can be used year after year. It will help prevent unnecessary clutter and accumulation of garbage from dumping after the festival.
How To Declutter and Get Rid of Old Decorations?
Before you get new Halloween decorations, it is essential to go through the old ones to get rid of the following.
- Broken and damaged decorations
- Old items that aren’t used every year
Make boxes to keep useful things separately and label them correctly for easy storage. Keep items to discard in another box and throw them responsibly.
Doing this activity is especially necessary when you are at the end of your tenancy and need to reduce your moving load. It also helps to pack decorations efficiently before your hired professional vacate cleaners in Perth come to deep clean the property.
Cleaning Tips for Halloween!
Cleaning your house after the festival can be challenging, but with the following tips by professional cleaners in Perth, you can manage it in a few hours.
- Avoid decorating your house using paint, stickers, and glue which are difficult to remove. However, if there are paint and sticky stains on floors, walls, doors, windows, etc., first try to remove them using a plastic scraper to prevent damaging the surface.
- To get rid of stubborn sticky residues, use a solution of hot water and dishwashing liquid to soften the stain then remove using the scraper or a rag as required.
- You can also use rubbing alcohol to get rid of paint and glue stains, but first, test it on an inconspicuous part of the surface to know if any damage is caused.
- Remove pumpkins from floors, tables, and other surfaces as soon as possible to avoid stains and odour.
- Use white vinegar to get rid of blemishes on carpets by spraying the solution on the affected area and blotting until the stain is removed.
- Sprinkle baking soda on carpets, upholstery and any other area and let the powder soak any moisture, grime, and pulp for at least 30 minutes. Vacuum the powder to clean the surface and get rid of smells.
- Wash sheets, cloths, and other fabric decorations the next day.
- Put reusable decorations in labelled boxes to pack and store them quickly.
- Fill a spray bottle with a store-bought all-purpose cleaner suitable for sanitising various surfaces. You can also use a DIY cleaning solution made with one part water, one part white vinegar, one-two teaspoons of dishwashing liquid, and essential oils of choice.
- Vacuum the surfaces, fixtures, and floor after you have removed the decorations and dusted everything.
- Sweep then mop floors.
Using these tips for cleaning after celebrating Halloween will save you a lot of time and energy. In addition, tenants can make it easier for their hired vacate cleaners in Perth to deep clean and disinfect the rented property and also decrease their chances of not getting a full rental bond refund.
The Bottom Line
Halloween is a fun and exciting festival that is a great way to celebrate with family and friends. By following this minimalist décor guide, you can enjoy it without having to worry about placing and removing bulky decorations. Furthermore, the cleaning tips by professional vacate cleaners in Perth will help you to sanitise your home efficiently and celebrate without any stress.