How to Remove Carpet Stains in Your Office?
Below are some of the best ways that will help you remove different types of stains from your office carpets.
Right Spotting Technique is Important
It is good to use cold water while removing stubborn stains from carpet. If the stain is fresh and hasn’t set yet, you can rescue your carpet using just plain water. All you need to do is to follow the basic cleaning techniques carefully:
- Vacuum the spot. (Get rid of the spill if something is thick before vacuuming)
- Blot the affected area (spot) with cold water with a white microfiber cloth.
- Blot it gently and if the spot remains the same, use some advanced cleaning techniques.
How to get rid of Tough Stains/ Spots from carpets in Office?
While carpet cleaning is one of the most crucial commercial cleaning tasks, it becomes quite challenging to address all the spills immediately. Some stubborn spills such as coffee, ink or wine stains will get worse with the time if you don’t clean it properly.
Though there are some fantastic carpet stains removing methods, it is always good to encourage your in-house cleaners to spruce up minor spills whenever they encounter.
In fact, most of the entrepreneurs in Perth outsource professional commercial cleaning service to get rid of tough carpet stains and bad odours in an eco-friendly way and restrict the use of hazardous chemicals in their workplace.
You can also use the following tricks to deal with the different type of carpet stains:
Dealing with Coffee Stains
This is one of the most common stains that may encounter either in your cafeteria area or reception. If a whole cup of coffee drops on your carpet, then immediately put a piece of paper or towel over the spill –this will prevent from spreading deep inside the fabric of your carpet. Make sure you drain off the coffee from the carpet as much as possible.
For better results, you can prepare a cleaning solution using the following ingredients:
- White Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Dish washing powder – 2 tablespoon
- Warm Water – 3 cups
- Mix all the ingredients in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the coffee stain
- Bolt the area using a clean white cloth
- Repeat it again
- Sponge the area with plain water
- Blot the area till it dries.
The acidic properties in white vinegar can help you remove tough stains of coffee from your carpets with ease. Make sure you add the right proportion of all the ingredients while creating your cleaning solution.
Dealing with Ink Stains
This is also one of the most common stains that can be seen on carpets in office. Whether it is a ballpoint ink stain or a fountain pen ink, it is advisable to deal with it immediately. Of course, the strategies for removing both the ink stains vary, but the basic technique will remain the same. So, make sure you get into the action quickly once you see the ink spill over your expensive carpet in the office.
- Wipe the ballpoint ink stain using stain removal solution before it dries up completely.
- Keep wiping the spot until it completely removes.
- On the other side, fountain ink stains can be removed using soda water and dish soap.
- All you need to do is to apply warm soap flakes on the affected area
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Clean it using a sponge or clean white cloth.
If you are facing complications in cleaning up the ink stains from your carpets, then hire a professional and experienced office cleaning company in Perth that can assist you in thorough carpet cleaning using environmentally-friendly products.
Dealing with Grease or oil stains
Cleaning grease and oil stains from carpets can be the most daunting things. If you don’t want to ruin the look of your carpet, make sure you act as fast as possible. Let’s see how to get rid of grease or oil stains:
- If the grease stain is new, immediately blot the surface using a piece of paper.
- It is good to put a clean cloth over the paper to avoid the spill from spreading further.
- Place something warm such as tea kettle or heated place of the microwave over the clean cloth.
- Now, again blot the paper – the heat will absorb the grease and remove it from your carpet.
- Repeat it if needed.
Dealing with Wine
If a glass of wine spills over your carpet during an office party, you should act immediately; otherwise, it will destroy the entire look of it. Ask your in-house cleaning team to prevent the stain from discolouring your carpets using the following cleaning solution and a trick.
- Soda Water
- Salt, and
- An empty bottle.
- First, blot the area using a clean cloth or paper towel
- Mix all the cleaning ingredients well in an empty bottle and pour it on the affected area.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes
- Once it dries, vacuum all the salt up.
The combination of soda water and salt sucks up the wine stain and prevent it from spreading inside the fibres of your carpet.
These are some of the best carpet stain removal techniques that can maintain the look of your costly and beautiful carpet for longer. If you want to seek professional assistance for this, contact the best company that can offer you top-class office cleaning in Perth.