As reported by the Department of Health, States & Territories, there were 869 total cases in Western Australia in the past year. Contribute to reducing this number further by getting your home frequently sanitised by professionals offering deep cleaning and vacate cleaning in Perth.
Furthermore, follow this guide outlining tips and tricks on how to keep your house clean and germ-free in 2021.
Invest in Quality Cleaning Supplies
Using cleaning supplies made with quality materials is necessary for getting effective and efficient results. Make conscious choices while purchasing cleaning products, tools, and equipment to get things that save time, energy, and effort. Here is a list of supplies you should have in your home for keeping it neat, sanitary, and tidy.
- Multipurpose cleaning and disinfecting solutions that are safe and organic. Avoid using products with volatile organic compounds. Instead use natural, organic, and non-toxic cleaners and disinfectants like professional vacate cleaners in Perth to sanitise your home safely and sustainably.
- Energy-efficient and eco-friendly cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaner with HEPA Filters and steam cleaners.
- Microfiber cleaning tools like mops, dusters, cloths, and towels, among others. Microfiber cleaning products are often used by vacate cleaning experts in Perth as they trap dirt, dust, bacteria, and other pollutants/germs effectively.
- Cleaning tools like brushes, sponges, scouring pads, tile scrubbers, rubber squeegees, cotton rags etc.
- Containers such as mugs, spray bottles, buckets and more.
Keeping supplies on hand is essential to clean and disinfect your house throughout the year and prevent transmission of illness-causing viruses like the coronavirus.
Sanitise Surfaces/Objects Correctly
To clean and disinfect your household surfaces and objects correctly, you need to perform these activities in the right order. It is imperative to understand these two as separate activities, and you should always clean first and then disinfect. Cleaning will not get rid of disease-causing bacteria, virus, or microbes and disinfecting will not remove dirt, dust, grime, and other contaminants.
For sanitising completely, make sure you clean first to remove any pollutants from the surface/item. Disinfect after cleaning to kill any bacteria, viruses, fungi or other pathogens. If you disinfect before cleaning, the pollutants will shield the germs and make the solution ineffective, leaving you with neither clean nor a germ-free surface.
While cleaning and disinfecting, using the right techniques like professional vacate cleaners in Perth is important to keep your house clean and germ-free in 2021.
Disinfect High Touch Surfaces/Items
Taking precaution like disinfecting high touch surfaces/items in your home is essential, although COVID-19 vaccines have been invented and the daily cases reported in Perth are less than other cities. Keep a potent and versatile disinfecting solution in a spray bottle along with microfiber cloths on-hand to sanitise the following spots and items regularly.
- Desks, tables, chairs, stools, and other frequently used furniture
- Switches, fixtures, knobs, handles, rails and other accessories
- Countertops, slabs, floors, and other surfaces
- Remove controls, keyboards, laptops, tablets, phones, appliances and other gadgets/electrical items
Vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are excellent for removing dust, dirt, allergens, and germs from household surfaces and fixtures. Use the equipment to keep the indoor air quality in your home good and prevent household members from falling sick due to respiratory diseases. Here are surfaces and objects you should vacuum regularly.
- Carpets and rugs
- Doors and windows
- Other household surfaces with dust, dirt, and debris
Sweep and Mop Hard Floors Daily
A lot of illness-causing bacteria, viruses, fungi, and germs settle on hard floors as they fall from things you bring inside the home or via dirty footwear. To keep your home sanitary, it is essential to clean and disinfect the floors in each room. Start by removing dust, dirt, and debris from the floors with a broom or a sweeper.
Next, mop with a microfiber cloth mop saturated with a safe disinfecting solution. Let the floor air dry and keep the room well-ventilated before vacuuming the floors to have clean and disinfected floors.
Alter House Temperature and Humidity
Bacteria, viruses, mould, and many other illness-causing pathogens thrive in dark, damp, humid, and poorly ventilated environments. One of the best ways to inhibit disease-causing germs' growth is to control the temperature in your house and reduce dampness. Invest in high-performance air conditioning unit and dehumidifier.
Using these machines, you can keep your house's temperature cooler and less humid, making the environment less favourable for germs to grow. What's more, you can avoid dust mites, mould growth, pests, etc., with temperature and humidity control. Therefore, if you don't have these machines at home already then consider getting them this year.
Pay Attention to Personal Hygiene
Besides sanitising household surfaces and objects, it is essential to pay attention to personal hygiene to keep your home clean and germ-free. Here are some measures to take for personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after having meals, cooking, going outside, and doing other chores
- Take regular baths
- Wear personal protective equipment like gloves, masks, face shields, and coveralls while cleaning and sanitising the home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, ears, and mouth with dirty hands
In 2021, everyone is wiser and more aware of the repercussions of not maintaining personal hygiene and keeping their homes sanitised. COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way people treat cleanliness, and although vaccines are available and cases are being treated, it is essential you follow these tips and tricks used by professional vacate cleaners in Perth to keep your home clean and germ-free in the New Year.