How To Get Paint Out Of Carpet
Fortunately, you can easily remove fresh or dried paint from your carpets using eco-friendly cleaners and non-abrasive tools.
Plus, blotting is the right way to tackle all carpet stains.
Whether you are engaged in renovations and additions or preparing a rental property for the final inspection, here is a complete guide on how to get paint out of the plush and delicate carpet with ease:
Tips to Remove Fresh/Wet Paint Out of Your Floor Coverings
It is always good to clean paint as quickly as possible. Act on spills immediately will avoid stains that are tough to remove later.
Arrange All the Necessary Supplies
You don’t need fancy cleaning tools and products. All you need is
- A Butter or dull knife
- White cleaning rags or paper towels
Lift the Fresh Paint using a Knife
As soon as you see the paint spill, lift it away using a dull knife. Do not rub or scrub the surface, as it will push deeper and ruin the fibres.
Blot the Surface with a Cloth
- Instead of rubbing, blot the affected surface using a wet paper towel or white rag.
- Do it with your gentle hands until the paint transfers onto the cloth
- Repeat the process with a fresh or clean cloth.
Professionals also follow the same technique when performing a detailed vacate cleaning Perth and help tenants secure the full bond money.
Dry the Area
Use a fresh towel or cloth to dry the area. Also, let your carpet air-dry properly.
Step-by-Step Guide to Remove Dried Paint Stains Out of Carpet
You need to put extra elbow grease to tackle dried paint stains without causing any damage or discolouration to your carpet.
Stock Up on Necessary Cleaning Tools
These are some of the important supplies you will need to remove dried paint stains from your beautiful carpet:
- Dishwashing soap
- Dull knife
- Soft-bristled brush
- Small bowl
- White cleaning cloths or paper towels
- Handheld steamer
- Vacuum machine
You should understand the science of cleaning before using store-bought cleaners because these are laden with harmful chemicals.
Apply the Dishwashing Soap to Reconstitute the Dried Paint
- Mix a few drops of dishwashing soap liquid with hot water in a small bowl
- Dip a brush and gently rub it over the stain.
- Let it sit for 7-8 minutes or until the paint softened.
Scrape the Stain Off
- Use a dull knife and scrape the paint from the surface. Do it with your gentle hands.
- Blot the surface with a wet cloth until the paint releases
- Apply more cleaning solution and repeat the process
- Do not rub or scrub hard.
Use a Steamer if Required
This step is necessary if you still see the stain behind it. You can remove the residue using a clothes steamer. Do not place the hot steamer or iron directly on the carpet.
This will dampen the dried paint and make it easy to remove from the surface.
Vacuum Your Carpet
After removing the pain, let your floor coverings air-dry completely. Then, vacuum the surface to get rid of loose paint residues and other dirt and grime.
Trained vacate cleaners Perth will vacuum your carpets and spruce up the entire property according to the standard checklist.
Here are some of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair if you have a furry friend at home.
How to Remove Latex or Water Based Paint?
Water-based pr latex paint is a low-VOC alternative to traditional paint and removing the stains is also easy.
- Spray hot water over the affected area to moisten it
- Add a few drops of dish soap and scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush. Do it gently.
- Rinse and air dry it completely.
Note: You can consider key tips to clean your home after a renovation and keep your carpets and other surfaces tidy.
Tips to Remove Acrylic Paint
You can try out the following hacks using a vinegar solution to remove acrylic paint from delicate floor coverings:
- Mix one part of distilled white vinegar and 10 parts of warm water in a spray bottle.
- Shake it well and spray it onto the stained area
- Blot the surface with a damp towel because vinegar has acetic properties and can remove stubborn stains with ease.
- Use a sponge with cloth water to blot the surface
- Repeat the process and air-dry your carpet.
How to Get Oil-based Paint Out of Your Carpet?
Instead of using fancy and expensive cleaning products, you can use hydrogen peroxide. It is one of the safest cleaning products that can help you easily remove oil-based paint.
- Blot the surface to get rid of wet paint or excess oil.
- Mix one part of 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide with 10 parts of warm water
- Spray the solution on the stained area and leave it for 5-6 minutes
- Blot it with a cloth or towel.
- Dry the surface and vacuum clean your carpet.
Note: Make sure you test the cleaning product on an inconspicuous spot of the floor covering to ensure it doesn’t cause discolouration or damage. Seasoned professionals leave no stone unturned to give you the best vacate cleaning Perth using tried and tested methods to help you secure full bond back if ending the tenancy by mutual agreement.
There is no rocket science behind removing paint stains from carpet. You can try these simple steps to remove different types of paint stains from your floor coverings using safe and sound cleaning products and non-abrasive tools.