How To Clean Your Oven While You Sleep
Cleaning an oven is challenging, time-consuming and requires a lot of effort. Thus people often neglect its cleaning, but an unhygienic cooking appliance can cause severe health problems. Remaining food residue carries germs and bacteria
which are passed on every time someone uses the oven. Dirty oven infects your meals and eventually you and your family.
People often choose end of lease cleaning in Perth to clean dirty ovens and other parts of the kitchen. However, experts believe that you can keep your oven sanitised if you clean it frequently. Lemon, ammonia, baking soda and vinegar are some useful organic options to clean your oven in a quick and hassle-free manner.
Moreover, unlike commercial cleaners, these are no harmful chemical in these household items. In this post, you will read about the procedure to clean your oven quickly and easily, so that you can save your time, money and most importantly, your efforts. Have a look!
Method 1: Clean Your Oven With Baking Soda And Vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar is an excellent combination to clean your dirty ovens. If you opt for professional end of lease cleaning in Perth, which follows an eco-friendly approach, expect the cleaners to clean your dirty oven using this method. The presence of mild alkali in baking soda and acetic acid in vinegar
makes this combination quite effective.
A spray bottle
A spatula or scraper
A cloth or sponge
Bucket or bowl
1. First, you need to remove the oven racks and wash them properly in warm, soapy water. Not all oven racks are dishwasher-safe, so you must check the manual of your oven and read the instructions properly.
2. Ensure that the racks don’t get damaged in the dishwasher. Then, dry the racks and keep them aside.
3. If there are any loose food particles in your oven, remove them completely.
4. After that, make a thick paste using one part of water and three parts of baking soda.
5. Apply the paste inside the oven and spread it properly. If you find any spots that have stubborn deposits, put some extra baking soda paste on that area. Try not to put the paste on heating elements of your oven.
6. Once you are done, close the oven, and allow the paste to sit overnight. It will do its work while you sleep.
7. Next morning, moisten a piece of cloth or sponge with warm water and clean the paste. Use a bowl or bucket full of warm water to wash the sponge numerous time. If you still find any stubborn mess, use a spatula or scraper.
8. Take a spray bottle and fill it with one part water and one part vinegar. Now, spray the solution on the surface inside the oven and clean the leftover baking soda paste using a dry and clean cloth or paper towels.
9. Once it is clean, place the oven racks back in their place.
Method 2: Clean Your Oven With Lemon
Like vinegar, lemon is also an excellent option to clean many household things and thus it is capable of transforming the look of a dirty oven. During the end of lease cleaning in Perth, the professionals help you to clean your entire kitchen, including such appliances.
However, you can save some time, effort and money by keeping your oven clean. And lemon is one of the easiest ways to clean it once in a while. It is also an antibacterial cleaning agent
and helps to get rid of bad odour.
Dry clean cloth
1. First, take a lemon and baking dish. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juices into the dish.
2. Also, place what is left of the lemons in that dish. Now, fill the dish with water (around 1/3) and put it in your oven. Heat it at 250 degrees for around 30 minutes.
3. If you feel the build-up is quite stubborn, you can keep it inside the oven for a bit longer.
4. When you heat the mixture of water and lemon juice, the vapours will cling to the dirt and loosen it. Then remove the dish and allow the oven to cool.
5. Once it has cooled off, take a scouring pad and use it properly to scrub away grime. For bigger chunks, you can also use a silicone spatula.
6. Do not throw the lemon water. Use it to clean the inner surface of the oven.
7. Keep using the lemon water with a sponge until it gets entirely clean. Then, use a clean and dry cloth to remove the moisture from the surface.
Method 3: Clean Your Oven With Ammonia
In case you haven’t noticed, a dirty oven produces foul smell and smokes each time you turn it on. And you find it difficult to wipe off the dirt from its surface because repeated heat exposure bakes the remaining food onto the bottom, racks and walls. That is why you should clean it after every use.
Commercial oven cleaners are easy to find, but they are highly caustic and smell bad. Household ammonia is another excellent solution to clean your dirty ovens. It not only loosens baked-on stains but also removes them without any danger or smell.
1. Take a small bowl and fill it with 2 cups of ammonia. Then place the bowl inside your oven and close it. Keep it in the oven overnight so that the fumes of ammonia can loosen the dirt inside your oven.
2. Next morning, remove the racks of the oven. Fill your sink with hot water, add few drops of dish soap and ammonia (1/4 cup). Then soak the racks in the hot water solution while cleaning the interior of the oven.
3. Clean your oven with a rag drenched in ammonia. Try to eliminate as much residue as possible but without scrubbing.
4. Then soak the cloth in ammonia and place it on the stubborn burnt food. Try to soak the residue for around 30 minutes, and then wipe it clean.
5. If you still find residue, scrub it away using a soft-bristled brush.
6. Take a clean rag and dampen it with clear water. Clean the ammonia as well as residue from the interior of your oven.
At last, take a clean and dry cloth to remove all the moisture from the surface of the oven. If you are still not happy with the result, opt for end of lease cleaning in Perth
. Their professionals are capable of solving such problems.
Always remember that the dirtier your oven is, the more dangerous it becomes for your health. Moreover, it also affects the taste of the food and its performance. Thus, you should clean it regularly. The cleaning methods mentioned above will help you to get rid of the dirt and residue in an effortless manner so that you can save your precious time and effort.