However, with time, the filter gets blocked with grease and dust. When you run the exhaust without cleaning the filters, the blockage affects its efficiency. Moreover, all the surfaces in your cooking area become greasy and a bit sticky. If you want to avoid such a scenario, then it is advisable to clean the filter of the overhead exhaust.
Greasy overhead exhaust filter can be a huge problem when you are moving out of the rental property. So, if you want to pass the final inspection, then hire professionals to get the best vacate cleaning in Perth.
Removing grease from the overhead exhaust filter can be time-consuming so the professionals can save your time and also help you to get back the bond money. However, if you want to clean the filter on your own, you need to follow the right methods.
Read on to know more about how to clean a greasy overhead exhaust filter.
Using Baking soda and Liquid Dish Soap
Baking soda is an excellent natural product and widely used in household cleaning purpose. For DIY cleaning tasks, it is one of the most important ingredients. If you want to remove grease from the exhaust filter, you will also require liquid dish soap. Follow the step mentioned below.
- First, you need to detach the filters. The removing process may vary as per the model of the overhead exhaust. So, read the instruction properly in the manual.
- Fill ¾ of your kitchen sink with hot water. Add 1/4 cup of baking soda into the water and then one tablespoon of liquid dish soap. Mix the solution with the help of a brush to protect your hands.
- Dip the filter into the hot water and leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes. Then take it out and use a brush to clean the filter.
- Once you are happy with the result, drain the water into the sink and rinse it with hot water. Then use a dry rag to remove the water from the filter.
- At the end, attach the clean filter where it belongs. Also, clean the entire overhead exhaust.
Using Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher detergent is also very useful for removing the dirt and grease from exhaust filters and several other household surfaces. Many professionals who offer reliable vacate cleaning in Perth also use this product to clean various spots. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Detach the filter from the overhead exhaust. Then wet the filter using the hot water.
- After that, keep the wet filter on a baking pan or something similar. Cover the filter with dishwasher detergent.
- Then, scrub the filters properly with a brush. Turn the filter and again scrub the entire surface. Leave it in the pan for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the filter with warm water. If your sink has a hose attachment, then use the spray for better cleaning.
- Repeat the procedure if required. Finally use a dry rag to remove the water and put it back to its place.
Another excellent way to clean a greasy overhead exhaust filter is by using steam. This specific method capable of removing the sticky grease but requires a lot of elbow grease. You need a handheld steamer to get the job done, so you can borrow from a friend, rent or purchase from a nearby hardware store in Perth.
- First, remove the filter and keep it on an old towel or disposable cloth.
- Then turn on the steamer and hold it close to the filter so that the heat and moisture can remove the stubborn grease.
- Once you are done with the streamer, use a rag to remove the loosen grease from the filter.
- If required, repeat the procedure but make sure that it is perfectly clean. Finally, place it where it belongs.
If you want to clean your entire kitchen including the overhead exhaust, but don’t have enough time, hire experienced vacate cleaners in Perth. They have expertise in cleaning rental property so that you can pass the final inspection and get back the bond money.
However, if you want to clean your own home, they offer various cleaning services. The professionals use their experience, skills, in-depth knowledge and advanced tools to give you the best possible cleaning service.
Cleaning a greasy overhead exhaust filter doesn’t have to be a stressful task. Just follow the ways mentioned above to accomplish the task in the best possible manner. A clean overhead exhaust means your cooking area is free from grease and dust. If you want to save your time and energy, hire seasoned professionals.