Flooring Finesse: Cleaning Hacks For Every Type Of Floor
However, dealing with different types of flooring, such as hardwood, ceramic, laminate, marble, and carpet, requires different cleaning techniques and products to prevent damage. That’s one of the reasons why tenants prefer hiring professional vacate cleaners in Perth because they have the expertise to clean all types of surfaces using a proven methodology and help you get bond back without any rental dispute.
If you want to attain flooring finesse through cleaning, consider the following hacks to spruce every type of floor like a pro. It will help maintain an orderly home while letting you care for your floorings according to their type.
Let’s Get Started!
Cleaning Tips for Hardwood Floors
It is one of the most common types of flooring in Perth. They are classic and versatile and add a modern touch to the living space. Hardwood floors usually offer two finishes, including polyurethane and wax.
Rub your finger across the surface if you want to know the type of hardwood finish. Remember that waxed finishes always leave smudges behind. This will help you clean floors without causing any damage. Here’s how you can maintain each one of them:
Polyurethane Finished Hardwood Floors
You can tackle dirt and grime by:
- Mixing a quarter cup of pH-neutral dishwashing soap with water in a bucket
- Dampen your microfiber mop, swirl out excess water and mop the surface.
- You can spot clean using baking soda to get rid of stains and grime.
- Dry the surface to prevent damage.
Waxed Hardwood Flooring
Cleaning wax-finished surfaces can be tricky as it is prone to water and cleaning solvents.
Make sure you keep the damp mops at bay to avoid serious damage. Instead, regularly vacuum, sweep, dry mop, and the floor.
Tip: Invest in smart cleaning gadgets, such as a robot vacuum cleaner if you are a busy working professional.
Cleaning Tips for Marble Flooring
White and beautiful marble flooring can enhance your home’s overall look and feel. Unfortunately, it is one of the most delicate floor types that is prone to scratches and stains. So, here are some quick and easy hacks to clean your natural stone flooring:
- Never use abrasive or even acidic cleaning products, such as white vinegar. It can leave dullness or scratches behind.
- Remove accumulated dust, dirt and spills using a microfiber dust mop.
- Use mild dishwashing liquid or a marble floor cleaner to mop the surface.
- Mix baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply it over the stained area and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Gently scrub the stain using a soft-bristled brush
- Do not forget to dry the floor with a clean towel or cloth.
Cleaning Hacks for Laminate Floors
It is a multi-layered synthetic product with a printed decorative layer that may resemble hardwood planks or marble surfaces. The best part is that this durable flooring requires minimum effort to maintain its pristine shine. Here are some quick cleaning tips:
- Do not use excess water when cleaning your laminate floors. Moisture underneath the planks can cause damage.
- Vacuum your floors regularly using a suitable brush attachment.
- Dry mop to achieve a shiny look.
- Spot-clean with a slightly damp cloth or mop
- Never polish your laminate flooring.
However, if you are at the end of your tenancy, book experts for a best vacate cleaning Perth and get your full bond back. They clean floors, doors, windows, and other surfaces using tried and tested products to attain precision and quality results.
Cleaning Hacks for Ceramic Tiles
Tiles are the most convenient and affordable flooring options for residential properties. However, keeping them clean and stain-free is a challenging task. These surfaces are prone to abrasive cleaners, tools, moisture, or excessive water. Here are some quick and easy hacks for ceramic tiles:
- Sweep or dry mop your tiles to get rid of dirt, dust and other loose particles
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water to clean stubborn stains.
- Apply the product and scrub using a soft brush.
- Add tea tree essential oil to your vinegar solution to mop the surface.
Cleaning Tips for a Vinyl Flooring
It is a low-maintenance option when it comes to cleaning your floors. Make sure you consider the following tips for a shiny and clean look:
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dry dust, pet dander and other grime from the surface.
- Sweeping can prevent the accumulation of dust and debris. Make sure you clean skirting boards for sparkling results.
- Use a mild detergent and dampen your mop to remove stains and spills from your floors.
Tips for Cleaning Linoleum
Do you know linoleum is made of linseed oil, limestone and coloured with mineral pigments. It looks beautiful but needs special care and maintenance:
- Vacuum or dry mop to pick dirt, dust and pollen.
- Mix mild detergent with hot water and dampen the mop.
- Swirl excess water and mop the floor. You can use the same solution to clean painted walls.
- Mop the surface again using cool water to remove soap residue.
- Don’t let water stand on the floorings to prevent damage.
Clean Porcelain Tile Floors
It is good to clean your floors using the following tips:
- Dry mop or vacuum twice a week
- Spot-clean using vinegar and water solution
- Spray the solution and wipe with a damp mop or cloth.
Tip: Do not forget to keep your delicate floor coverings, such as carpets and rugs, clean by regularly vacuuming and steam cleaning them.
If you are at the end of your tenancy, book experts for a quality vacate cleaning in Perth and secure your hard-earned bond money. However, if there is any damage (except normal wear and tear), do necessary repairs before calling cleaning professionals.
Keeping your floors clean and shiny requires the right approach and defined cleaning methods. However, with the help of this guide, you can achieve finesse in sprucing up every type of flooring with perfection.