DIY Carpet Cleaning Solutions For Stubborn Stains
There are various homemade carpet cleaning solutions that can be prepared with eco-friendly products to tackle different carpet stains, such as built-up grease, pet stains, mould and mildew, wine stains, ink stains and grime.
DIY cleaners are as effective as commercial solutions that are available on the market. The best part is that these solvents are safe for the environment and don’t affect indoor air quality.
Professionals also follow green practices when performing a reliable end of lease cleaning Perth to help tenants get the full bond back without leaving carbon footprint into the environment.
Here are some recipes for DIY carpet cleaning solutions for stubborn stains:
White Vinegar + Warm Soapy Water For Juice Spills
White vinegar is one of the most powerful cleaning agents. It has 4 to 6 per cent of acetic acid and can dissolves stubborn carpet stains without causing discolouration or dullness. Make sure you use it diluted with a mild dishwashing detergent and essential oil. Here is a quick recipe or instruction to prepare this great cleaning solution:
- Take 2 cups of vinegar in a spray bottle
- Add one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 1 cup of warm water
- Add a few drops of lavender oil
Directions: How to remove Juice Spills from carpets using Vinegar Solution?
- Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle
- Spray the solution on the affected area
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. This will break down the stain
- Blot it up using a damp microfiber cloth.
- Repeat the process until the stain disappears
- Dry the surface completely
Note: Never scrub the carpet as it can cause damage to the fabrics and ruin its pristine look.
Salt and White Vinegar for Dried Red Wine Stains
Salt is a great element to help remove stubborn liquid stains, such as red wine, from carpets in no time. When mixed with vinegar, the solution can help you tackle heavy spills, dried stains and grime without leaving any residue. All you need to do is to:
- Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of salt in a half cup of vinegar
- Pour this into a spray bottle
- Apply the solution over the red wine stain
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes to soak into the stain
- Blot the area with a paper towel or cloth
- Vacuum the area
- Repeat the process if required.
You can also add borax powder if the stain still persists. Do not clean with ammonia as it is toxic and can lead to various health hazards. Instead, use natural cleaning products, like vinegar.
Borax and Water Solution for Pet Stains
Many end-of-lease cleaners Perth recommends using the borax and warm water solution to remove stubborn stains from delicate floor coverings.
This can also keep your carpets germ-free and maintain its beauty.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of borax and 2-tablespoos of warm water into a spray bottle
- Apply it onto the stain
- Let it dry
- Dab or vacuum the area until it is fully eliminated.
Kill Mould Using 3 per cent Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the most effective cleaning solutions to kill mould and mildew. These are nasty spores that grow on moist, dark and dirty surfaces. It can eat up your entire carpet and rug if not treated quickly.
- You can pour 3 per cent of hydrogen peroxide and warm water into a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil as it has antibacterial properties. You can use essential oil for cleaning
- Spray the mouldy surface to saturate the area.
- Leave it 30 to 40 minutes
- Blot the area for a few minutes
- Gently rinse the solution using water
- Dab the carpet and let it dry completely
- Repeat the process.
Note: You can also use vinegar or baking soda to remove mould infestation.
Baking Soda & Cornstarch for Greasy and Oily Stains
Do you want a dry cleaning product to tackle greasy or oily stains? Look no further than baking soda and cornstarch.
Baking soda is the best stain remover, natural deodoriser and disinfectant. It can help you get rid of stubborn stains and grime with ease. Cornstarch is also a great cleaning solution and can help you remove oily stains without causing any damage to the fibres.
- Mix the baking soda and cornstarch in equal parts
- Sprinkle it on the greasy stains
- Leave it for at least 2 hours. This will break down oil and grease stains.
- Vacuum the surface to get rid of residue.
Note: Baking soda can banish bad odours and freshen up your carpet with ease. You can also hire experts for a comprehensive end of lease cleaning Perth for your bond money. Make sure you check the property condition report before getting into the process.
Keeping carpets stain-free is an integral part of home maintenance. Instead of using toxic cleaners, prepare DIY cleaners at home to tackle stubborn stains. These cleaning solutions are effective, affordable and environmentally-friendly.