Tenants having a fixed-term lease agreement need to deep clean the rental property to move moving out and end a tenancy successfully. It’s necessary, especially if you paid a bond at the start of the lease agreement as tenants failing to return rented real estates in reasonably clean condition cannot receive a complete bond repayment.
The bond amount can be up to four weeks of rent unless the weekly rent is more than $1200 per week. To get your security deposit without deductions, the most practical and reliable solution if to hire professional vacate cleaners in Perth. The experts have the expertise, equipment, and experience to manage strenuous tasks timely and take the burden off your shoulders.
However, if you have the option to clean your house or unit yourself, then streamline your work to clean like professional vacate cleaners in Perth who use REIWA-approved checklist. Here is a complete vacate cleaning checklist for your rental property that you should follow.
Dust Ceilings and Fixtures on Top of Every Room
Using a microfiber duster, get rid of dust cobwebs, and other pollutants on ceilings and fixtures on top like fans, lights, smoke detectors, frames, etc. In case the rental property has false ceilings then wipe them properly using a safe ladder and microfiber cleaning tools.
Always clean top to bottom as this technique used by professional vacate cleaners in Perth helps save time and energy. Debris and pollutants fall down preventing cleaned surfaces from becomes contaminated after sanitation.
Wash Windows and Spot-Clean Walls
Wash windows of all rooms with soap, warm water, and a soft sponge to remove dust, dirt and grime. Pay close attention to handles, panes, tracks and frames since they accumulate contaminants and germs. Before leaving the windows to air dry, wipe them with a rubber squeegee and microfiber cloth to prevent water stains and streaks.
Deep Cleaning the Kitchen
Contrary to popular belief, the germiest area in the house is the kitchen and during vacate cleaning deeply sanitise it. Here are things you should do.
- Vacuum and clean the cabinets, drawers, and storage units
- Clean the hob, microwave, oven, and other appliances
- Clean and disinfect high-touch areas like doors, handles, slabs, countertops, switches etc.
- Wash the sink and unclog then sanitise the drain
- Wash tiles and grouts
- Sweep and mop the floor
Deep Clean the Bathroom
After the kitchen is completely sanitised, start cleaning the bathroom by following these steps.
- Apply bathroom cleaner to toilet, shower tiles, bathtub, and sink to remove mineral stains, soap scum, dust, and dirt. Like green vacate cleaners in Perth, you can use white vinegar, baking soda, and other natural ingredients to clean bathroom surfaces sustainably.
- While the cleaner dwells, wash and wipe mirrors and shower glass
- Scrub and Wash the things you had applied cleaner on, ensuring no stains or grime remains.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces
- Wash the tiles, grouts, and baseboards
- Sweep and mop the floor
Move to Sanitising Other Living Rooms
For sprucing your bedroom, dining room, hall or other rooms in your house/apartment, here are the tasks you should complete.
- Dust and vacuum all the fixtures and surfaces
- Clean wardrobes, cabinets, drawers, and other storage units
- Vacuum the carpets and upholstery. Hire vacate cleaners in Perth for deep cleaning the carpets and upholstery if they were sanitised by professionals before your tenancy started.
- Sweep and mop the floors
Clean Outdoor Areas
Vacate cleaning means every area of the house should be deep cleaned, meaning you cannot leave the outdoor areas unattended.
- Mown the lawn/yard and remove weeds
- Vacuum and clean outdoor furniture, windows, doors, and other fixtures
- Wash the entryway, stairs, driveway and other outdoor pathways
- Spot-clean garage walls
- Vacuum and clean the storage units, fixtures, and baseboards in the garage
- Sweep and mop garage floors
Vacuum the Entire House
After all the rooms and areas of the house are clean and sparkling, vacuum them to remove any trace of dust, dirt or debris. Do this activity before handing over the keys of the rental property to your landlord for the final inspection.
When to Hire Professionals?
Many tasks are impossible for tenants to perform while DIY cleaning and to complete them, hiring professional vacate cleaners becomes necessary. These tasks can include pest control, fumigation, pressure washing, blinds cleaning, wall washing etc.
If the previous tenant or the landlord had hired professionals for any specific task before you the start of your tenancy, then you may have to hire professional vacate cleaners in Perth. Therefore before starting end of lease cleaning clear any doubts with your landlord.
Vacate cleaning is essential for moving out of a rental property successfully and getting your bond back in full. The best solution for completing this strenuous activity is to hire professional vacate cleaners in Perth who offer multiple solutions.
However, if you have the option to clean yourself and want to opt for it, then use this cleaning checklist to return the property ina reasonably clean condition without any stress or hassle.