Floating floors are great because they can be pulled up quickly and can be used somewhere else also. In order to save these floors from getting scratched or damaged, they should be cleaned on a regular basis. However, abstain from using harsh cleansers or chemicals as it can create streaks on the floors. Proper cleaning will prove to be a good return on your investment as it will extend the life of your floors.
Floating floors are often laid over other surface mediums due to which the water or other liquids could seep into the boards and can damage it; therefore conventional cleaning methods will not be sufficient for them. Hence taking the assistance of expert cleaners will give the desired results. Bond Cleaning Company takes genuine care of the house and uses green cleaning systems for Vacate Cleaning in Perth.
Here are some of the best ways to clean your floating floors:
Regularly Cleaning the floating floor
Floating floor is generally scratch resistant but even then, the dirt through the daily household activities can develop marks over it. Regular mopping of your Perth property will ensure that its texture doesn’t get damaged.
Use a dry dust mop and sweep it across the surface of the floor every other alternate day to remove the daily dust. Using a soft brush vacuum is better than a dry dust mop. Also, refrain from using a standard floor brush as its rigid bristles can damage the surface.
Clear up the Spills Immediately
Clean up any liquid spill immediately from the floating floor. Use a sponge or cloth to wipe it. Don’t allow any liquid, even water to sit on the floor for longer periods. The liquid tends to stain or damage the protective layer of the laminate/ floating floor. Hence, wipe off the excess liquid using a dry cloth. Spot clean the spill to remove any remaining deposits from the floor using a wet sponge. Let the floor dry.
Cleaning Floating Floor using Hot Water
Hot water helps to remove the stains from the floating floors. Hot water is considered as one of the best ways to clean any floor as it never leaves marks after cleaning and helps get rid of any bacteria or germs. Since water is the mildest cleanser possible, it also shields the protective layer of the laminate.
Take a sponge mop and soak it into the hot water, remove excess water from it so that it is mildly wet. Mop the entire floor and repeat the process a few times. Let it dry using a microfiber cloth. Avoid using an abrasive material since it can scratch the flooring.
Removing Stains using Vinegar
Vinegar is a famous cleaning agent and is used for cleaning purposes all around Perth and worldwide. Diluted vinegar is particularly beneficial to treat a faded floating floor, especially when it is covered with mud or any other stains.
All you need to do is create a solution of vinegar and water. For example, take up to 60-70 ml of vinegar and add it to 950-1000 ml of water. Use a spray bottle to put the solution and shake it well.
Vinegar mixed with detergent
You can also use another cleaning solution using vinegar. You need to mix 1/3 cup of vinegar with 3 spoons of liquid dish detergent and 4 litres of warm water. You must combine vinegar with water as vinegar is too coarse to be used in its pure form. Do not spray the vinegar solution on the entire floor but limit its use on the stained areas.
Wipe off the vinegar solution almost immediately with a wet cloth. Refrain from using rough clothes and use a soft microfiber cloth as discussed above. Do not use a much-dampened sponge or cloth as letting the moisture sit for long could damage the floor. Finish the process by allowing the floor to air dry.
Gentle Soaps to wipe off the dirt from Floating Floors
Soap water is especially useful for cleaning floor that is coated in mud, snow boots, or other major impurities. Add two tablespoons (30 ml) of mild detergent or baby shampoo to roughly 4 litres of hot water. Refrain from using scented soaps or adult shampoos as they can create marks or damage the laminate on the floor. Hence using baby shampoo is advised as it is gentle enough for the laminate floor. Also, make sure not to use bleach or any other strong abrasive cleaners.
Mix the solution until bubbles are formed. Soak a mop in the soapy solution and squeeze out the excess water so that it is mildly wet only. Cover the entire floor at once while wiping it from one side to other using a mildly moist mop. Let it air dry at first but if it doesn’t dry out through the air, try using your hands with the help of a dry microfiber cloth.
- Clean Blood Stains from Floating Floors - Use a small amount of window cleaner and immediately wipe away a blood stain using warm and slightly damp non-abrasive microfiber cloth. However, you should take action as soon as possible to remove a blood stain.
- Removing Chewing Gum - Scrape away the gum with the help of a plastic knife and rub off any deposits with a soft, moist cloth. Refrain from using a metal knife as it could scratch the floor.
- Wipe away Wine or Soda Marks - These marks can easily be removed using a damp microfiber cloth.
- Removing marks of Crayon wax - Use soft cloth rubbed with mineral spirits to get rid of waxy crayon marks.
- For stubborn Ink Stains - Use a little amount of ink remover or detergent to the cloth to get rid of the stain entirely and ensure cleaning the stained area again with a cloth drenched in clean, warm water.
- Taking away Stains of Nail Polish or Shoe polish - Take a microfiber cloth, add a bit of nail polish remover that contains acetone to it and scrubs off the stain. Finish off the cleaning by wiping the stained area with a microfiber cloth dipped in clean water.
- Erasing Heel Marks - You need a pencil eraser to remove the heel marks from the floating floor. Just rub the eraser on the targets until it is gone completely.
Floating floor is quite easy to install and hence has become very popular nowadays. Special care should be taken in case of floating floors else they will lose their charm and will get damaged soon. However, cleaning the floating floor is one of the least preferred tasks hence hiring professional cleaning services is the ideal solution. Bond Cleaning in Perth has a well-trained and reliable team of professionals, who have the best cleaning tools and solutions for all your cleaning chores and make your house sparkling clean.